“It takes a village to raise a child”
– African Proverb
How can you be of service to the youth in our community? Remember our youth are our future. How can you personally impact, guide, and encourage youth that has not had the best circumstances? Our local community offers a place where youth can go in times of distress.
The Relatives is Mecklenburg County’s only shelter for homeless and runaway youth in Mecklenburg County. The program operates around-the-clock 365 days a year.
The Relatives served 5,000 youth last year.
They currently need the following items:
- Men’s & women’s underwear
- Men’s undershirts L-XXL
- Gift cards to restaurants and bus passes
- Prepaid phone gift cards for minutes
- Backpacks and duffel bags
- Activity tickets for the kids at the crisis center to use while out of school- would need to be a total of 11 per activity/outing.
- Bottled water
- Sleeping bags and blankets
For more information; contact Christina Nunez, Volunteer Engagement Officer at 704-501-8258 or at email@example.com.